IARS is proud to support the new updated report of the Lift the Ban Campaign which shows that giving people seeking asylum the right to work is just common sense. It would help them integrate into their communities, live in dignity & use their skills to benefit the UK. All while saving the Gov £97.8m per year!
What’s in the report?
New information in the report includes:
* Updated analysis of the potential benefit to the UK economy of enacting this policy, with our final estimate set at £97.8m per year (note this has increased since the first draft of this report that you received a few weeks ago);
* Results of the Skills Audit of people seeking asylum that you helped carry out in May of this year, showing that:
* 45% would have been classed as a critical worker based on their previous work experience;
* 1 in 7 had a health or social care background;
* 77% had already or would like to volunteer for the NHS;
* New country comparisons showing how the UK’s policy leaves them as an outlier in the international community, including Australia, Sweden and Ireland.
“I wish I had permission from the Gov to work, help in any way I could in these really hard moments because these people, the frontline people, are really amazing”.
William, who is seeking asylum, is just one of many desperate to contribute
You can read the whole report Lift-The-Ban-Common-Sense